In a previous post, I found two questions about music discovery which I wanted to explore. I conducted a survey both online and in person soliciting the following questions:
- What was the last song you discovered?
- How did you discover it?
There where 30 people surveyed so far. The results are posted below:
A few interesting points:
- I found one maven who found rap mixtapes with a special app for leaking mixtapes
- The lions share of discovery is via youtube and friends
This is a crude survey because for several reasons:
- Discovery is most likely sector specific (age, genre, location, etc.), and I got mostly college students to respond
- Its only 30 people
However, it gives me a string to start pulling.
Here is the next set I am curious about:
- How are people discovering music on Youtube?
- What where the people doing with their friends when they discovered the new music?